CLASE ÚNICA - TÉCNICAS DE WOK Martes 28 de marzo. 7-10 pm. $60 Prende el fogón, calienta el Wok al máximo y... https://t.co/ieGejcNCAk
Certificate in Pâtisserie and Baking
This program includes hands-on teaching of techniques such as different pastry dough elaborations, basic pastry creams, basic cake production and bread production. As students grow more confident, they build up on skills they have mastered in earlier classes to create increasingly complex cakes and desserts dishes and eventually, full dessert menus.
The program is complemented with qualitative aspects of food preparation, including sanitation, identification of products, purchasing and cost control. The Institute offers a comprehensive sequential course of study of the baking and pastry arts fundamentals needed to enter the industry in entry to mid-level positions.
During the second semester, students will do an internship, participating in actual public food service operations in preparation for their future careers. Possible sites include the Institute own restaurant L´Ecole or operated practicum educational facilities, hotels, restaurants, country clubs, resorts, casinos, spas and food service providers.
Upon completion of the Certificate in Pâtisserie and Baking, students will be prepared and qualified to enter the foodservice industry or to pursue an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Pâtisserie and Baking, furthering their educational goals and career opportunities. All credits obtained during the certificate program will be transferred towards their following degree.
|START DATE||January 2017|
Morning: 9 am- 1 pm
Afternoon: 2 pm - 6 pm
Evening: 6 pm - 10 pm
Request More Information
Core Curriculum RequirementsClick on the subjects to see their contents
- This course introduces the techniques and concepts required in the production of pastries and dessert. Students will learn a variety of methods including blending, creaming, foaming and thickening. Students will be introduce to the production of basic building blocks like gnoise and sponges, simple fillings like pastry cream, almond cream and frangipane, and will develop their skills in the production of traditional pies and tarts.
- This course provides students with the knowledge and skills require for the production of laminated dough and classical French Viennoiserie products. Products covered include Danish dough products, croissants, brioches, pain au chocolat and puff pastries. Emphasis is placed on mixing techniques, controlled fermentation, ingredients recognition and hand shaping skills.
- This course will develop students knowledge of industry-accepted standards of food safety and technologies. Students will gain practical experience under the instructors supervision to observe and grade sanitation practices and overall condition of an ongoing culinary laboratory classroom including purchasing area. This course emphasizes knowledge of the rules and regulations governing food safety as well as practical application of this knowledge in food service management. This course leads directly to students acquiring a nationally recognized Sanitation Certification.
- Proper selection of inventory and documentation of raw materials are critical to the success of the food service operation. From this lecture and hands on laboratory students demonstrate knowledge of procurement process applicable to the hospitality industry, as well as a working knowledge of culinary mathematics as it applies directly to food costing. Emphasis is placed on profit planning through menu planning, the control cycling and forecasting. Purchasing automation, computerized purchasing and HACCP systems will be explored.
- This course explores the fundamental concepts and techniques required for the production and presentation of baked products. Students are instructed in the fundamentals of baking science, terminology, equipment, ingredients, weights and measurements, formula conversion and costing of recipes. Products covered include commercially yeasted breads, rolls and savory breads and gluten free products.
- This course allows students to continue to develop the technical skills to produce classical French pastries and desserts. The students will have the opportunity to gain practical experience in the production of classics like crême brulée, eclairs, cream puff, Paris-Brest and other pâte á choux desserts.
- This course is designed to provide the students with the knowledge and techniques required for the production of puff pastry, mousses, crême bavaroise, meringues and fillings and custards using various ingredients and combinations. Special emphasis is placed on the study of ingredient functions, products identifications for the creation of various classic and original combinations.
- This course focuses on the elements of modern dessert consumption, using a variety of traditional and modern plating techniques. Emphasis is placed on developing the skills and knowledge for a complete understanding of all the components of plated dessert production, from the design of a dessert to the flavor, texture, portion and final presentation.
- This course will introduce students to the skills and knowledge of producing cakes, butter creams and icing. Each student will have the opportunity to gain practical experience in the proper mixing methods, assembling, finishing and decoration of cakes with various fillings and icings.
- This course is designed to provide the opportunity for students to develop the knowledge and basic techniques already acquired in the previous patisserie courses and to explore new design concepts and the latest technologies for the assembly of desserts.
- This course is designed to give the students practical experience both in front and back-of-the-house operations by working in-school restaurant shifts or through participation in the production for the Institutes restaurant L´Ecole. Students might choose to explore additional sites approved by the school. It is an opportunity to apply their theoretical and practical knowledge in a realistic environment, while working with professionals of the industry. Upon completion of this course, the students should have the skills needed to begin their careers in the pâtisserie and bakery industries at an entry to mid-level position.